Mortgage Credit Certificates – MCC Programs

The dream of home ownership is becoming a reality for families across the state thanks to Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCCs). MCCs offer qualified home buyers an annual tax credit of upto $2,000 per year—just for owning their home.

How Does It Work?

An MCC reduces the amount of federal income tax you pay each year, making it easier to qualify for a mortgage loan and maintain a monthly mortgage payment. Unlike tax deductions, which reduce the portion of your income that is taxed, MCCs are tax credits. They reduce the final amount of taxes you owe each year.

How Much Can I Save?

MCCs provide a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your federal taxes worth 35% of the interest you pay on your mortgage each year, up to $2,000 per year. You can claim this tax reduction annually for the entire life of your mortgage loan. And, you can still claim the remaining 65% of the interest paid on your mortgage as a tax deduction. These savings can really add up.

For example, with a $90,000, 30-year fixed-rate loan at 6%, a homeowner will pay $5,400 in interest during the first year of the loan. The resulting MCC tax credit equals 35% of $5,400 for a total tax reduction of $1,890.

Am I Eligible?

  • You may be eligible for an MCC if:
  • You are purchasing your first home or have not owned a home in the past three years
  • You will occupy the home as your primary residence
  • The cost of your home does not exceed the maximum purchase price limit
  • You are purchasing a home within an eligible county in Texas
  • Your family income does not exceed the limits set by the program

To Pre-Qualify or Ask a Question, Complete the Form Below or Email josh@joshcampbellmortgage.com today.  You can also call Josh Campbell, Texas MCC Mortgage program provider, at 214-929-1733 today.

 

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

Leave a Reply